Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12, 2011 Alpaca Dreaming

There are a myriad of uses for alpaca fiber so almost none goes to waste. A few years ago I decided to make alpaca bed pillows because the fiber tends to return to its shape after being squeezed.

The first year I made alpaca bed pillows and gave them to family and friends for Christmas. They were thrilled and they were also my "research group". Everyone loved them and didn't find them too warm in the summer. Now I sleep on alpaca bed pillows every night.

The fiber is cleaned and processed into clouds or batting before being put in the zippered bed pillow covers and I usually use approximately two pounds of fiber. An additional cover is used to sleep on, such as a silky lavendar pillow slip. Keep some lavendar nearby and sweet dreams!

Wouldn't you love to sleep on an alpaca bed pillow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alejandro

Alejandro
Standing on the mound